Now I am learning about all the internal detoxiffications you need to do because of the chemicals in food, the environment & all that Taco Bell I ate in high school. According to Natural Awakenings Magazine, here a a few symptons that may mean you need to detox your body.
- Chronic tension in the neck & shoulders
- Feeling Tired & sleepy after eating
- Waking between the hours of 1 & 3 am
- Deep breathing for 10-15 minutes twice a day
- Increase vegetables, fruits, & whole grain to add fiber to increase bowel movements.
- Exercise so your skin can secrete toxins. Skin is the largest organ of our bodies! Who knew?
- Drink lots of water so you are constantly emptying your bladder
- Each morning for 2 weeks drink hot lemon water. The antioxidant D-limonine in lemon thins bile & is helpful in breaking down fat trapping toxins.
- Sip on cran-water - about 64 ounces a day. Mix one ounce unsweetened cranberry juice & seven ounces of water & drink through out the day. Cranberry helps to balance PH, suppress hunger & combat cellulite & water retention, while drawing out fatty wastes by targeting lymph (a secondary circulatory system beneath the skin that works to rid the body of toxic wastes, bacteria, heavy metals, dead cells, trapped proteins & fat). Sipped daily, this antioxidant helps reduce bloating & melt fat from hips, thighs & waist.