Thursday, March 10, 2011

Caged chickens cause puberty... hugh??????

So we moved to middle of no where Pennsylvania this year for my husbands career. We started going to a church soon after where I met Vicky. She reminds me of Anne Curry from The Today Show. Anyways, in our first conversation we ended up on the topic of caged chickens & how little girls are getting effected by hitting puberty way too often. She was telling me all this information about organic food and hormones and how it effects our bodies. I was blown away.

 I went home that night and couldn't stop thinking about what she had said. Where had I been, how had I missed this? I mean, I see the Organic milk at Wal Mart and I've read about green stuff here & there. But that's for other people, that live in Portland & live off the grid & play acoustic guitar. So then in my sleep deprived state I fumbled around on itunes for some knowledge based learning via a podcast or audio book. I ended up purchasing a book from the chick from Biggest Loser, Jillian Michael's.
As I listened to her read this very insightful book I was in awe of all this information linking food and health. Who knew? The old age saying you are what you eat is actually true! She goes into great detail about the food industry, processed & packaged foods, chemicals, vitamin deficiency, and so much more. I got up the next morning & purged my cabinets of all the junk that I was now feeling I got tricked into buying.
I immediately started reading and trying to navigate my way through what all this organic/farm fresh/chemical free stuff really means. First on my list. Get some food in the house since I just tossed all of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment